AirMedCare Network is an alliance of affiliated air ambulance providers* (each a “Company”). An AirMedCare Network membership automatically enrolls
you as a member in each Company’s membership program. Membership ensures the patient will have no out-of-pocket flight expenses if flown by a Company
by providing prepaid protection against a Company’s air ambulance costs that are not covered by a member’s insurance or other benefits or third party
responsibility, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Patient transport will be to the closest appropriate medical facility for medical conditions that are deemed by AMCN Provider attending medical
professionals to be life- or limb-threatening, or that could lead to permanent disability, and which require emergency air ambulance transport.
A patient’s medical condition, not membership status, will dictate whether or not air transportation is appropriate and required. Under all circumstances,
an AMCN Provider retains the sole right and responsibility to determine whether or not a patient is flown.
- AMCN Provider air ambulance services may not be available when requested due to factors beyond its control, such as use of the appropriate aircraft
by another patient or other circumstances governed by operational requirements or restrictions including, but not limited to, equipment manufacturer
limitations, governmental regulations, maintenance requirements, patient condition, age or size, or weather conditions.
FAA restrictions prohibit most AMCN Provider aircraft from flying in inclement weather conditions. The primary determinant of whether to accept a flight
is always the safety of the patient and medical flight crews. Emergent ground ambulance transport of a member by an AMCN Provider will be covered under
the same terms and conditions.
- Members who have insurance or other benefits, or third party responsibility claims, that cover the cost of ambulance services are financially liable for
the cost of AMCN Provider services up to the limit of any such available coverage. In return for payment of the membership fee, the AMCN Provider will
consider its air ambulance costs that are not covered by any insurance, benefits or third party responsibility available to the member to have been fully
prepaid. The AMCN Provider reserves the right to bill directly any appropriate insurance, benefits provider or third party for services rendered, and members
authorize their insurers, benefits providers and responsible third parties to pay any covered amounts directly to the AMCN Provider. Members agree to remit
to the AMCN Provider any payment received from insurance or benefit providers or any third party for air medical services provided by the AMCN Provider, not
to exceed regular charges. Neither the Company nor AirMedCare Network is an insurance company. Membership is not an insurance policy and cannot be considered
as a secondary insurance coverage or a supplement to any insurance coverage. Neither the Company nor AirMedCare Network will be responsible for payment for
services provided by another ambulance service.
- Membership starts 15‡ days after the Company receives a complete application with full payment; however, the waiting period will be waived for unforeseen
events occurring during such time. Members must be natural persons. Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Some state laws prohibit Medicaid beneficiaries from being offered membership or being accepted into membership programs. By applying, members certify to the
Company that they are not Medicaid beneficiaries.
- These terms and conditions supersede all previous terms and conditions between a member and the Company or AirMedCare Network, including any other writings,
or verbal representations, relating to the terms and conditions of membership.
*Air Evac EMS, Inc. / EagleMed LLC / Med-Trans Corporation / REACH Air Medical Services, LLC — These terms and conditions apply to all AirMedCare Network participating
provider membership programs, regardless of which participating provider transports you.
‡In Nebraska, waiting periods are not allowed; however, a member cannot purchase a membership at the time of transport.